2-Week SUDSOL Trial

SUDSOL - 24/7 Upline

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Coloring Down The Lines Blog Hop - Pumpkin Pie

Hello Friends!

Thank you so much for hopping over to my blog from Sandy's blog.  She has nailed our challenge this week with her creation!

If you are starting here on my blog for the blog hop - don't worry.  I am the last stop and I will help you get to the beginning.

This week we are showcasing Pumpkin Pie.  In using our Color Coach under Pumpkin Pie, Stampin' Up! has given us two choices:  Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point and Real Red or Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and Early Espresso.  I chose the second option.  I am really pleased how my card turned out this week.  When the new Annual Catalog came out and I saw the stamp set called Gorgeous Grunge, I fell in love with it.  Now, you are probably thinking that I am usually the "grunge" type, but this stamp set just popped out of the page and said "get me"!  Well, I did!  :-)




What do you think of my card this week?  To get the multi-color on the maple leaves, I first stamped the Magnificent Maple stamp in Daffodil Delight and using my Stampin' Sponge, I dipped it into the Pumpkin Pie ink and dabbed the sponge around the leaf.  I also stamped the envelope using the same technique.  The Stampin' Sponges are a terrific deal because you get three huge round sponges in the pack and I cut them into eight wedges each.  That way I designate a wedge per color in our color palette.

My Stampin' Supplies
 
  • Stamp Sets
    • Gorgeous Grunge
    • Magnificent Maple
    • Oh, Hello
  • Card Stock
    • Pumpkin Pie
    • Very Vanilla
  • Classic Stampin' Ink
    • Daffodil Delight
    • Early Espresso
    • Pumpkin Pie
  • Adhesive
    • SNAIL
 
Now, it is time to click over to Robbie's blog.  She is our fearless leader with our blog hop each week and she always has fabulous creations along with all of the other very talented ladies in our hop.  Please be sure to take a look at everybody's blog - you'll be glad you did!
 
Thank you for visiting my blog.  I enjoy reading your comments below.  Be sure to come back again soon!
 
Until then...
 
Happy Stamping,
Teri
 
 



4 comments:

Joni said...

Oh this is very pretty!!! I love the subtlety!!! Nice job! Mind if I CASE??

Sandy said...

Very, very, pretty. Thanks for the tip on how you did the leaf color. Hadn't thought of that technique and will have to try it. Love that grunge stamp and I like how you used it. Great challenge. Hugs to you.

carol smith said...

Teri, This is pretty. I keep forgetting that we can color stamps with more than 2 colors at once. Thanks for the reminder. Hugs

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a beautiful fall card. Love the splotch with the grunge set. Cool!