2-Week SUDSOL Trial

SUDSOL - 24/7 Upline

Monday, July 16, 2012

Iris Fold - Owl

Good morning, Stampers!

We had our demo meeting yesterday and one of our very talented ladies taught us how to do the technique called  the Iris Fold. 

Before I share with you my project I had made, I want to give you a little history of the Iris Fold, which I found very interesting.  This is taken from Wikipedia.  Iris folding originated in Holland, where early craft persons made their designs using patterned paper cut from the inside of envelopes (I understand that their envelopes are very ornate on the inside).  Today, crafters use any light weight paper, such as scrapbook paper, origami paper, wrapping paper, the inside of envelopes or pages of magazines.  Ribbon was also used.  Iris folding is a paper craft technique that involves folding strips of colored paper in such a way to form a design.  The center of the design forms an iris - a shape reminiscent of the iris diaphram of a camera lens.

And now for my project:




And here is a close-up:



I tell you what, I absolutely LOVE this technique - you will be seeing more right here on my blog!

My Stampin' Supplies:
  • Designers Series Paper
    • Comfort Cafe
    • Designer Series Paper Stack
      • Neutral
  • Card Stock
    • Very Vanilla
    • Always Artichoke
    • More Mustard
    • Basic Black
  • Punch
    • Owl Builder Punch for the eyes, beak, and branch
  • Accessories
    • Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder
    • Mini brads - colored with black Sharpie
    • Purchased frame
  • Tools
    • Pattern
    • Tape
    • Bone folder
    • Paper Piercer
    • Paper Snips
    • Big Shot
Thank you for stopping by today.  I look forward to reading your comments.  I hope you will come back by soon.

Until next time...

Happy Stamping!

Teri



3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Now that is NEAT. I love it.

Laura Haffke said...

FANTABULOUS TERI!!! THANKS FOR SHARING. I WANT TO TRY THIS TOO!

Sandy said...

This is terrific, Teri! And it looks hard, but I'd love to try it.